Some weeks, I skip the traditional grocery store trip and just make a circuit of our local farmers’ markets and Mennonite stores. I end up with a well-stocked pantry, and delicious fresh produce, but it makes the meat and “semi-homemade” budget a little tight. So this week I’m using meats from the freezer, and making the most of those yummy fresh veggies! I hope you enjoy, and as always the recipes in the gallery below are also pinned to my “On the Menu” Pinterest board. You can find all of this week’s menu items with the #HFPmenu0817 now that the board is growing!
– Pancakes, bacon, & hardboiled eggs.
I make our pancakes over the weekend and freeze them in packets of two, then pop them right in the toaster when we’re ready to eat them. Bacon reheats well, and I just love it with hardboiled eggs. Add some fresh spinach, and you’ve got my favorite quick breakfast sandwich!
– Sliced cantaloupe with yogurt, fresh berries, and pumpkin seeds
– Dinner leftovers, or single servings I’ve frozen from previous dinners
– Grilled cheese with pesto, served with hummus and dipping vegetables
- Fresh peach with a handful of almonds
- Chocolate Shakeology with banana and peanut butter
- Pretzels with apple slices
- Kind bar & fresh nectarine
- Grandma’s Peach cobbler Shakeology
- Fruit & nut popcorn balls
Chicken Avocado Burritos, served with:
- Carrot sticks and veggie chips (I found a sweet potato & beet chip combo I can’t wait to try!)
- Apple pie salsa & cinnamon dippers for dessert
Spanish Rice Zucchini Boats, served with:
Note: this recipe calls for chorizo, which is hard to find in my area. I’ll be making it with either ground turkey, or quinoa, and upping the ante on the spices!
Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup, served with:
- Italian Peas
- Strawberries & chocolate ricotta cheese dip
I don’t have a formal recipe for the dip, but what I do is add some semi-sweet chocolate chips to ricotta cheese, a splash of almond milk, and maybe some honey for sweetener, and microwave in 20-30 second bursts until the chips melt and it all stirs together. Delicious!
Ginger Pineapple Pork Chops, served with:
- Oven roasted broccoli
- Chocolate chip cookies
Enjoy, and let me know how you like these recipes!